The MK107 (Diablo) was developed by Primary Weapons Systems (PWS) as a significant product improvement over the standard M4 carbine. Developed specifically for use with close protection teams and utilizing our proven long stroke piston system, this weapon is as reliable as the AK47 that it was designed after.
The MK1 series has been used in Iraq and Afghanistan, and has gained wide popularity with security personnel, law enforcement and civilians alike.
Significant improvements have been made over both the direct gas impingement operating system and previous offerings of piston-driven operating systems. The Stainless Steel, Isonite QPQ treated 1:8 twist barrel provides unmatched accuracy and barrel longevity. The product improvements made by PWS have addressed reliability and performance issues as well as reduced carrier tilt, cam pin wear and carrier bounce. In addition, we have one of the lightest systems on the market today!
An innovative hand guard system utilizes a proprietary non-free float system that allows the end user or unit armorer to replace individual rails as needed without removing the barrel, barrel nut or even other rails. This system allows the user to attach numerous Picatinny rail-mounted devices such as sights, lights, and laser aiming devices.
The PWS proprietary operating system utilizes an operating rod that is attached to the carrier and a floating head piston that is attached to the operating rod. The MK1 series is built to be a true combat carbine. With no unnecessary gas adjustments and only one moving assembly, this is the most rugged, simple and versatile piston operating system available.
The MK1 series is available as a complete rifle or as a complete upper receiver for use on existing M4/M16 style lower receivers.
- Caliber: 7.62×39
- Weight: 5 lbs, 14 oz (2.7 kg)
- Overall Length: 24.25″ (61.6 cm)
- Barrel Length: 7″ (17.8 cm)
- Barrel Specs: Stainless Steel, Isonite QPQ Treated, Button Rifled, 1:8 Twist Barrel
- Muzzle Velocity: 2300 ft/sec (SS109)
- Muzzle Energy: 729 ft/lbs
- Stainless Steel, Isonite QPQ Treated, Button Rifled, 1:8 Twist Barrel
- Enhanced Charging Handle
- PWS Mil Spec Upper and Lower Receiver
- PWS Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group
- Isonite QPQ Treated Internals
- Magpul XT Rail Panels
- Magpul MOE® stock and grip
- Magpul MBUS® sights
- ASC 30 Round 7.62×39 Magazine
- PWS CQB Comp